Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy 26th Birthday Kenny!

On October 19, 1982, I met my son Kenny. He was 8lbs 2oz and 21 1/2 inches long. He had beautiful dark brown hair and tons of it! He was born around 8:05 am. He came out screaming, but calmed down immediately and looked around the room. The first time I touched him, he reached his hand around my finger. At that minute, I knew I would like this new "Mother" gig. Kenny picked up the nickname "Ney" when Kevin couldn't say the name Kenny.

Kenny has always been my brave one. He learned to swim before he could walk, jumped off cliffs at Lake Powell at age 2, and high dives at the pool shortly after. This probably explains why he jumped out of a plane last year!

He wrote a letter to the White House in elementary school, to voice his opinion about Norwegian whaling. He even received a reply back from the White House. He has always been worried about the environment and very interested in politics. He kicked butt in high school debate, so don't argue with him!

Love ya, Ney!

3 comments:

Julie said...

*sniff sniff* So sweet! You should be a proud Mama!!!

Karen T said...

I know it was pretty mushy. I revised it this AM. Good thing he will not read it! lol

Keny said...

Awww thanks!