Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Perfect Sunday

Today was visiting day at the recovery center.  Kevin, Kenny, Harold and I went to visit Jason.  I always hold my breath wondering what to expect.  I was so encouraged when I saw Jason today.

It's been years since I've seen the healthy Jason.  He's working out every day, involved in community service, doing chores, laundry and cooking.  He has a group friends and counselors who have taken him under his wing.  I haven't seen him this happy in years.

This past week Jason has become "The Sushi King" at the center.  One of the doctor's treated them to all you can stuff down your throat sushi.  This was surprising, since Jason doesn't eat seafood.  He also experienced walking through hot coals - a mind over matter exercise and has the battle scares to show for it!

We shot some hoops and threw the baseball.  After, Harold treated us to Market Street. What a perfect Sunday!

1 comment:

hannie bailey said...

I am so glad to know he is progressing and happy! This is great news!