Thursday, June 12, 2008

WILD KINGDOM!

Yesterday, Harold and I heard a strange sound (like papers flying around) in the house. We looked at the front door and saw someone had left a flyer. Problem solved! This morning, as I was sipping on a very good cup of coffee, I heard the sound! I must need more coffee! An hour later...there it was again!

When we first bought this house there was a dead bird in our furnace closet upstairs. Ever since, any noise makes me paranoid that there is a wild animal in the house! I went upstairs and mentioned to my brave husband (aka The Bird Whisperer) that I thought there was another bird in the furnace closet. He laughed at me! He walked over to the closet (I was hiding behind the bedroom door) and opened the door...OUT FLEW A FREAKIN' BIRD! I went running...screaming my head off! Harold was a bit shocked because of the screaming! The bird was flying like a wild animal around our house! When it finally settled down (on top of our light fixtures) calm Harold spoke softly to the pesky bird. We opened the front door, hoping it would fly out. The bird was very happy flying around from light to light. When it was bored it migrated to my plants...now that ticked me off! I grabbed a mop hoping to chase it out the front door. The Bird Whisperer wanted me to be calm, but I had a wild animal in my house! Jason offered to shoot it with a pellet gun. Harold thought about target practice with his 22. I had my mop! Finally, the bird flew low and went in my front room. The Bird Whisperer trapped it behind my shutters and grabbed it with his hand! OHMYHELL!!! We are saved!

3 comments:

Julie said...

HA HA HA I am laughing my head off!! How did the freaken bird get in the house? I can not believe this.

Just call him Dr. Doolittle...he can talk to the animals.

Karen T said...

The bird flew in the vent on the roof. Harold said most vents have wire protectors. It appears our vent doesn't have one!

hannie bailey said...

I wish someone was recording that episode. It would have won the grand prize on AFV! I would have done the same thing, but probably would have hid under the bed sheets just incase my screams scared the shit out of him... literally!!