Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Adventure Down Under

During rough seas, I picked up my book "The Happiness Project." This book has been compared to "Julie & Julia" and "Eat, Pray, Love" and I can see why. I love both of those books, so I really enjoyed reading T.H.P. The book explores Gretchen Rubin's journey of spending a year trying to explore happiness and have more fun. She created Gretchin's 10 commandments, which she originally started to be resolutions. Her #1 commandment is "Be Gretchin." In a nutshell, it's to do things you like to do, not what other people claim to be important or fun.

During our trip, I tried to apply some of her tips. I'll point them out as I blog.

Day #1 Sydney, Australia
The Sydney Opera House
View from our back balcony on the ship

Street Performers (the music makes you want to go fight a crocodile)
View of the coast as we were headed out to sea

OHMYHELL the best oysters we've ever had!

Harold showing the tree who's boss!

No comments: