Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hello from Down Under!

It's day 3 of our Aussie/New Zealand adventure. We flew in to Syndey on Thursday. Australia is a place I've wanted to go since I was a teenager. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Everyone reminded me so much of my nephews. It made me wish we had flown to Perth instead! Harold and I enjoyed touring the Opera House and ate the best oysters we've ever had!

On to the ship...leaving Syndey Harbor we hit very rough water. We've spent 2 days trying to keep our balance! After trying to run on the treadmill, I finally broke down and took sea sick pills, which wiped me out! IT WAS SO WORTH IT!

Funny thing:
Try passing Australians in the halls of the ship. They drive on the left side of the road and pass on the left side of the hall!

Tomorrow we arrive in The Bay of Islands, New Zealand. The sea has finally calmed down! We had lamb for dinner..."when in Rome." We love and miss you all!

Bingo Betty

No comments: