Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Superhero!

Wednesday was a very stressful day. After grabbing some take-out, Harold and I finally made it home from work around 8:30. Around 11:00 Harold didn't feel well and we took his blood pressure. It was WAY too high. Pulse...very irregular.

A quick jaunt to Alta View and we found out his heart was back in Atrial Fibrillation. Around 2:00 the decision was made to transfer him to IHC in Murray. He had a wonderful ambulance ride around 4:00 AM.

Test, test, tests and more tests. Long story short - new stent put over old stent and a quick shock to get heart back in rhythm (they let me watch that and I don't recommend that to anyone). The doctors tweaked his medication and send him home on Friday.

Although Harold would love to keep this off my blog and not have told anyone, I'm so proud of my Super Man! If he wasn't in such good shape or didn't work so hard on being healthy, his outcome wouldn't be so good. But because he makes the effort to keep fit, he will have a very long life. He has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know! If we could only keep the stress away...IT COULD HAPPEN???

HIGH FIVE, Harold!

No comments: